From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:36:06 +1000

Dear Friends

All the replies I got said Lipitor is Gluten free.

The references used were from
Stokes Pharmacy.

Other suggested cholestrol lowering drugs were.

Baycol,
Colested,
Cholestipol,
Lopid,
Mevacor,
Pravacol,
Questran,
Questran Lite,
Zocor

One person suggested  this.

There are a few natural things you can take to lower you bad (LDL)
cholesterol. One is Kwai a garlic supplement. The are small white
tablets. They don't have a taste and it doesn't come back up on you
later. Another is called Guggul, the standard extract of the Indian
mukul myrrh tree. You can find the garlic at Wal-Mart and Nature
Sunshine carries the other. Yes, it sure is a funny sounding name. Best
of luck.--The book Prescription for Nutritional Healing plus other herb
books mention both.  Do your own research to be sure you feel
comfortable. My Dad takes the garlic.

Likes it better because it has no side effects and is much cheaper.

Thanks to all those responded I now have the information that I need
when I eturn to my Dr.

Christina