From:
Leila and John <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 15:11:18 +1100

I discovered a product in Coles Supermarket the other day and almost had a
"moment" right there in the aisle. YACKANDANDAH JAM & PRESERVING COMPANY
P/L  from Yackandandah, Victoria  Australia makes a variety of simmer
sauces eg. Tai Satay, Black Bean, etc. that are gluten free.  On the front
of the label it states in red and yellow letters Gluten Free and the
ingredients state thickener 1422 (Maize Starch Only.) The sauces come in
390g bottles and cost about $3.00.  I have no interest in this company only
happy that people who live in Australia are lucky that labels are becoming
informative. This company does not give an e-mail address, but I will be
writing them to let them know how happy I am to see their product on our
store's shelves!

Leila from Nowra NSW