From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:48:03 +1000

Dear Friends

Thanks to all those who responded here is the summary for those that
asked.  I reccomment the web sites I looked at them and they are very
infornmative.

A good web site for food additives

<http://www.celiac.com/forbiden.html>

I haven't heard that one. I do know that iodized table salt contains
dextrose which is corn based - another issue near and dear to my
heart...

We use Kosher salt. I mostly use it for cooking and just keep it in a
Mason jar. If I use it at the table, I put it in a cheap dredger. I
keep some in there bc I use it for making pretzels and such.
Kathy

www.anzfa.gov.au/Documents/Food_Additives_Shoppers_Guide
<http://www.anzfa.gov.au/Documents/Food_Additives_Shoppers_Guide>

Anti caking agent 554 is gluten free

Australian Coeliac Society has a book available called INGREDIENTS LIST
that demystifies label reading, and includes additives, emulsifiers,
satbilisers etc. It enables you to make informed choices. The society's
website is www.coeliac.org.au <http://www.coeliac.org.au>

Thanks again and hope this helps those who wrote and told me they were
having similar problems.

Christina