From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:03:46 -0700

My son & I have taken advantage of the testing available through
EnteroLab.  We've been very pleased with the service, care & wealth of
information we have received [http://www.enterolab.com]  Tuesday, we had
a telephone consult with the charming & gentle Dr. Fine
[http://www.finerhealth.com/], and by his consent will share some of his
recommendations for a healthier happier tummy:

(1) The probiotic Culturelle (888)828-4242 (he has no financial ties to
this company). But does not recommend any other supplements as he doesn't
trust the safety of their 30+ ingredients.

(2) Eat plenty fruits & vegetables.  Keep protein consumption low.  (He
said cows grow big & strong without eating meat!  LOL!)

(3) To control fluctuating blood glucose, avoid sugars and include a
little protein, fat or a high fiber vegetable along with carbohydrates
such as nuts, peanut butter, a carrot, celery, etc. with meals.  Eat
frequent small meals throughout the day.

(4) Avoid immune reactive foods such as beef, pork, gluten (of course!),
corn, milk, citrus and nightshades (potatoes, peppers, egg plants,
tomatoes)

(5) The flesh food that is the least immune reactive is turkey.

(6) Avoid all commercially prepared oils other than canola & olive.

(7) Use magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts) for colonic cleansing.

(8) Check out intestinalhealth.org for more information.

He also mentioned that he sees sensitivity to soy in about 50% of his
patients.  He expressed a desire to develop a test for soy protein
sensitivity.

My son is feeling so much better since being tested & starting the GFCF
diet.  He playing the piano again & has composed two new & enchanting
tunes to "express the joy in his heart."  He has entitled them
"Gratitude" and "Happily Ever After."

~Valerie in Tacoma, WA USA