Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 08:16:40 -0700
From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>

I can't say enough about what a difference the diet & guaifenesin have
made in my oldest son.  Over a year ago, he was hostile, angry,
hallucinating & hearing voices, in tremendous physical pain and failing
all his college classes, depressed & lonely.  What happened to our bright
& beautiful boy?  Honestly, a year ago my husband & I thought he would
some day end up in a mental institution drugged up on major tranquilizers
with minimum wage employees abusing him & changing his diapers.  He was
deteriorating steadily.  When I put him on the strict HG diet, the
hallucinations stopped and his focus & grades began to improve.  He
started soon after on guaifenesin for fibromyalgia & the muscle pain
began to diminish.  He began to notice that cheese consumption caused
"wicked thoughts" & mood swings, so he eliminated all dairy.  He has
since been diagnosed celiac & now is strictly gluten free.  Casien (milk
protein), and gluten (wheat protein) are very similar when metabolized &
can have especially toxic effects on the brain.  Now that he's totally
gluten free casien free (GFCF) he's happy, calm, well grounded in
reality, affectionate and making good grades in college.  He's got an
active social life again & feels hopeful for his future for the first
time in 2 1/2 years.  I'm so thankful I found this information.  To my
family, the GFCF diet and guaifenesin are nothing short of a miraculous.
My heart is full of gratitude & I'm happy.  Big hugs to Dr. Paul St
Amand, Dr. Kenneth Fine and all the wonderful people on this and the
fibromyalgia listserves for saving my son's future!  ~Valerie in Tacoma,
WA guai 1/1/00 GFCF diet