From:
Jo & Gary Kaplan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:55:20 +0200

Summary of 4 (yet "target") responses received in response to my
question:

   "My gluten ingestion symptoms include MS like numbing, loss of
   balance, slurred speech and the rest . . ."

   I would like to know if a GF diet takes your symptoms away.

First of all, thank you to those that responded.

I find this a semi-reason for some of my son's problems.  He has, of
course, gluten intolerance, yet displays the MS symptoms.  We have
recently tested him in the US with a hair test and found 6 heavy
metal toxicities: 2 extreme (antimony and uranium) and 4 moderate
toxicity: aluminum, lead, tin and mercury.

We have also found 2 parasites: Blastocystis hominus and Giardia
Lamblia cyst with Giardia Lamblia antigen, and we hope to start
treatment with Flagyl today.  I am nervous, but going ahead with it,
because my husband (the one with the Tinea Versicolor!) received
peripheral polyneuropathy from Flagyl he took a couple years ago.
(I treated him with natural supplements and in 9 months he was back
to normal, after a 70% neuopathic loss.)    We find, here in Israel
that there is no alternative to Flagyl for the first of the two
parasites.

Jo in Israel

1.  8 years ago,I developed an ataxic gait,and slurred speech as well as
indescribable fatigue.The neuro diagnosed MS,but on exactly the same day
I had my MRI (which showed `lesions`), diorheea (sp?) started,which
lasted 4 years,until I discovered that it wasn`t caused by MS,as I`d
been told,but by gluten intolerance.I eliminated every trace of gluten
from my diet,and hey presto,my MS symptoms went. . . another doctor I
saw said the `lesions` on my brain,could actually be cereberal
calcifications caused by the gluten,not MS lesions.

2.  I was diagnosed with celiac in 1990 and got the MS type symptoms in
1995.  I had sudden onset of leg weakness with extreme fatigue.  After
resting, I

was able to ambulate until I again had difficulty walking.  I have had
exacerbations at least 6 times since then usually in the fall and
spring.  I also now get numbness in the legs up to the knees during an
attack.  I progress to a shuffling gate and still the overwhelming
fatigue.  All MRI's have been negative for MS.  I have been to the
Hospital of the University of Penn and Hopkins and I still do not have a
diagnosis.