From:
Mary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 07:32:05 -0700
Thanks Don,

I will study out what you wrote.  I always read with interest what you
post, because I am interested in the issues you discuss.  I have just
been posting some comments to the LC list about low body temp. and
thyroid problems being possibly related to candida which "leaky
guts"--damaged guts--are prone to.  I think I probably have intestinal
inflammation  (I seem to have fluid absorption problems which have made
a lot of my hair fall out with menopause and fluid absorption starts in
the intestines.)  I have been eating raw vegetarian food which I
understand can aggravate inflammation (but I would go back to it when I
get a handle on the inflammation believing it to be best).  I have read
about some preparations to heal the gut--forget what they are, but will
re-research.  I think intestinal healing is the biggest health issue
there is, because you won't easily beat any disease with a gutwall that
doesn't pass the nutrients and does pass undesirable things.  When a
person stresses and "braces" (muscle tension) there is a reflexive blood
loss in the intestinal area which contributes to the intestinal damage.
I think liver bile is affected too.

What I'm really headed towards is trying to heal my daughter who is
diabetic, because I think it is possible despite what people say.  Right
now I'm giving her quercetin which seems to be helping (it's an
anti-inflammatory) her blood sugars a bit, but I think juvenile
diabetics need intestinal healing too.  You can knock milk, wheat, etc.
out of their diets, but you have to heal the gutwall before any beta
cells could be regenerated.  All this is so complicated it makes my head
swim, but I guess you could say it's my day job trying to work these
things out.  Mary Jackson