From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 05:21:11 +0000
>Another question is regarding root vegetables.  I get the idea with
>potatoes but why would a turnip or a beet be taboo?  Both are quite
>edible raw and even make a tasty snack.   Is not a carrot the same type
>of root veggie?  He says those are OK.
>
>Thank you in advance for any clarification you can offer on this matter.

Hey, funny you should bring this up; I've been rereading Neanderthin, and
wondered the same thing. Not that it really matters, but why radishes and
not turnips? And why sugary carrots but not sugary beets? And why is
kohlrabi ok, then? How about Jerusalem artichokes?

And, another thought, Ray, or whomever: why should the fruit of Solanaceae,
such as tomatos and peppers and eggplant, be ok when we know the leaves and
tubers (white potatoes) are not edible raw?

thanks

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!