From:
caroline radway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:30:57 +0100
Charles
The faintness is your blood sugar dropping as a result of your body
secreting too much insulin in response to the carbs.  It is all too easy for
the body to digest carbs and take vitually no energy.  I recently heard that
protein actually takes more energy to use than it is worth, bit I think this
might have been referring to the energy required to digest the protein and
build bodily tissues - presumably when there are no further tissues to be
built this will no longer be the case (eg eating vast amounts of protein and
nothing else will not work! but this may be another factor involved in the
success of low carb).
Caroline