From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:01:27 EDT
In a message dated 4/15/01 3:21:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I've found that if the water is too cold, I cannot
 get as much of it comfortably into my stomach.

Yes, this iced drink habit has got to go. Obviously refrigeration is non
paleo, and it is entirely unnatural.

Reducing the temperature of anything reduces its flavor, and so the result is
to add more sugar. Coca-Cola knows this very well. Natives of hot countries
generally drink hot drinks, not cold ones. I'm thinking , say, of the Arabs
and their mint tea, Indians and black tea, Chinese and green tea, Native
americans and their many herbal teas. The natives in my area made teas out of
many different plants - almost any plant will make some sort of flavored hot
drink.

Charles Alban
San Diego, CA