From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:29:52 -0700
I think I'll move to France, where they worship their small family farmers,
and food is a religion.

I suppose it is allways greener on the other side of the fence .
As long as you worship the cooks it s okay but if you want to go without
them and go all raw ,you become an heretic there , if on top of that you
don't even drink wine you better move to British Colombia .I did!
There they welcome you whatever you decide to eat ( still feeling little bit
guilty if you eat raw in front of them and little bit horrified if you eat
raw meat ).
In france at least they are not digusted by the reality of eating they don't
call their steers ,beef, their sheep , muttons ,their pig,  pork, once dead
,  like english speakers do ,
QUand on mange tu cochon on sait de quoi il s'agit ! ( this dirty animal
bathing in the mud)
Also they are not afraid of bacterias ( a film maker one day showed on tv a
cheese plate shooting from far away to a closer and closer perspective till
you see the wildlife going there on the crust- they found it amusing, In
NOrth america they will sterilise those cheese on the spot)
But better behave " normally "
french are the number one alcoholics per inhabitant in the world ( but don't
get drunk too often)
 number one weapon maker per inhabitant in the world
number one in numbers of hunters ( not the paleo kind)
they are also xenophobe
etc...
have a good stay ,Charles.!
if you insist i can give you all the reasons i feel nostalgia for the good
sides too

The small farmers are almost extinct since europeans regulations took over
jean-claude