From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:27:44 -0700
As for actually trying to do it -- there was an attempt in France a few
years
ago, I recall, where a group of young people did actually try to do this for
a year or so

tell me more about this group because when i was young i built a gypsy wagon
to travel in Europe with horses. One day i met a couple with 2 children
travelling with a wagon too pulled by 2 horses and coming from Belgium .
It was 3 years after they left and we met in a village in the center of
France .
I went with them for the day while travelling , we end up to have to park
the wagon because the little trailer with the goats and the chickens
following behind had a flat tire. we had to hitch hike to the next village
and there to our surprise we met a group of 20 peoples with horses tipis and
wagons who left Britanny 3 years before also and were trying to live the
north american life style ( hunting gathering ) and even more surprising
they told us they met the day before an other group of 3 wagons and we went
to visit them all together in an other village where they were going to do a
puppet show.
And all of this in modern France it was incredible !That we all happenned to
be at the same place at the same time coming from opposed directions ( north
west and south) We all wanted to go to the pyrennes one group to cross the
border and continue toward portugal the other one to stay there to open a
primitive skill school and me going back home to finish building the wagon
so i could join the fun.
jean-claude