GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 14:01:50 -0000
Saiks:

Great to hear from you!! I take it that the sister is fine and has since
settled down in the new job/country. Good for her.

By the way, Saiks, I have to say though that despite all the pain, Dumo Saho
should be proud to have genuine friends/comrades like you, Kabir Njie and
others who have shown concern and sympathy from the onset.

But more importantly, he should be proud of his family, especially his wife,
Annika, who has continued to work day and night, so as to secure the release
of not just her husband, but all of the accused persons. She is really an
inspiration. Annika, my sources in The Gambia send their support and
encouragement to you.

So, just keep the momentum going. You have got our support, and believe me,
in the battle between lies and the truth, the reality/truth will eventually
carry the day. May God continue to give you strength, determination and good
health, so that you can continue with the struggle to secure the release of
these men.

I shouldn't also forget to commend the hard working legal team of the
accused persons - legal giant Ousman Sillah and the dedicated human rights
activists Emmanuel Joof and Baa Tambedou. The world is watching and the pen
of history is on it. By the way, I notice that Kebba Dampha hardly writes
during the weekend, but I am sure he may have additional comments on the
latest "statements" I sent.

Ebrima