C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:03:16 -0500
Carla, Rayna...

I also find that wearing "dress shoes" with a bit of a heel are more
comfortable to wear.  While most teachers complain about sore feet at
the end of the day because of their dress shoes, I always feel better in
them than flats...But I think I have figured out why...Pre-hamstring
lengthening two summers ago, my center of gravity was way far back and
my rear end stuck out when I walked.  So, if I put on heels, that put my
center of gravity more forward.  After I had the surgery, I couldn't
wear ANY heel at all - only sneakers - for a year, cause my center of
gravity was more centered so when I put heels on I felt like I was going
to fall forward.  It is just recently that I can wear heels again.  So,
that either means that I am walking more like I used to pre-surgery
(which I think is the case) or that I have figured out how to center my
center better!  And, you are right, heels make getting a heel-toe gait
easier.

Linda