VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Justin Philips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Philips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 04:29:57 +0500
This is info from another list--hope it helps!

We have been working with the developers of Nero, the CD burning software
available at
www.ahead.de.
Yesterday, they released their latest product which includes almost all of
the recommendations that we gave them. If you're interested in high quality,
accessible CD burning software, grab the latest copy of Nero (5.5.7.2), and
give it a try. If you enjoy this new version, send a message to
and let them know how much you like it. If you find sections of this
application that are not accessible, let us know, and we will work with
their developers
to come up with a solution.
The following is some of the new documentation that exists for this new
version:
Accessibility of Nero
Accessibility of software is the capability to be easily used by everyone,
especially visually impaired users. The main rule is that all operations
must
be available by keyboard.
In Nero the following keys are currently supported:
- Tab-order: in a dialog, each component, known as 'control', is accessed in
a specific order and the user can switch between theses controls with the
tab
(tabulation) key.
- Standard accelerators (letters may change depending on the language of
Nero used):
Classic:
. Ctrl + A: select all
. Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Insert: copy selection
. Ctrl + V or Shift + Insert: paste selection
. Ctrl + X or Shift + Delete: cut selection
. Delete: delete selection
. Ctrl + Z or Alt + Backspace: Undo
. Ctrl + F: find (buggy!!)
. Ctrl + N: new document (compilation)
. Ctrl + O: open document
. Ctrl + P: print document
. Ctrl + S: save document
. Alt: Application menu
. Alt + Enter: properties of selection
. F1: help
. Shift + F1: context help
. F2: rename
. F5: refresh
. F6 or Tab: next pane
. Shift + F6 or Shift + Tab: previous pane
. Enter: in the file browser, open the selection.
. Shift + F10 or Content Menu key of Microsoft keyboards: display context
menu
Nero specific:
. Ctrl + E: eject media in current recorder / open the recorder tray
. Ctrl + I: open media information dialog
. Ctrl + R: open choose recorder dialog
. Ctrl + 1: copy selection to compilation (in the File Browser only, copy
the selection to the last activated CD compilation)
Main Menu (classic):
. Alt + F: File
. Alt + E: Edit
. Alt + V: View
. Alt + W: Window
. Alt + H: Help
Main Menu (Nero-specific):
. Alt + R: Recorder
. Alt + X: Extras
Also, on the file browser, if reading of a directory fails (like on an empty
drive), the tree selected-item will not switch to previously selected item,
so it is possible to move over such directories with keys only.

At 03:15 PM 1/26/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi There!
>
>I am a visually imparied computer user and I am using the Jaws for Windows
screen reader program.  I just purchase a Nero CD Burner and I would like
to know, if anyone out there is using this program and does it work well
with Jaws for Windows?  This Nero CD Burner program is new to me and I
would like to know, if anyone out there would happen to know where I can
find some tutorial tapes for the blind on the Nero CD Burner?, so I can
learn how to use this program.