From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 12:11:02 -0400
On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, Gary Jackson wrote:

> Atkins did say that some people are sensitive to fat.

Yes, but I have to say that I'm unclear as to what the metabolic
meaning of "sensitive to fat" is.  In my case, the problem seems
to be that my liver is churning out LDL at a high rate.
Something is causing it to do so, and I would gladly know what it
is.

Muriel's suggestion of stress is a distinct possibility.  As a
general thing, academic life is not that stressful, but at
end-of-term we all tend to have that ghostly look; and summer
teaching is even more condensed and stressful than regular
teaching.  So I don't doubt that stress is a *component* of the
LDL surge.

> I am not sure about taking in large quantities of PUFA's such as Flax oil.
> I am worried about the cancer possibilities. I would rather take the flax
> seed. The seed contains the natural anti-oxidants and fibre.

But is the stuff edible?

Todd Moody