From:
Xenu's Sister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 14:05:51 -0500
On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Dr. Pat Patterson wrote:

> I am waiting and hoping to hear someone say that (s)he is losing weight
> following Neanderthin without counting carbs.  Is anyone losing weight
> in this way?

I am, slowly. I started dieting on Atkins and gained 15
pounds (partially my own fault because I was eating
tons of dairy). Since I cut out dairy and cut back
drastically on vinegar, I lost that extra 15, plus 8
more.

I'm finding that when I stick to mainly steaks and
berries, I lose. When I start adding other types of
meat (even hamburger) and fruit, I don't. It's too
soon to say if that observation is only in my head,
or based on reality.

I do know that I pigged out on kiwi, watermelon,
catalopue and howneydew, and gained 2 pounds.
At least, the pig out got the cravings out of my
system, because fruit is something I really missed
on Atkins.

Vickie

"Words are really beautiful, but they're limited.
  Words are very male, very structured.
   But the voice is the netherworld, the darkness,
   where there's nothing to hang on to.
      The voice comes from a part of you that
       just knows and expresses and is.
   I need to inhabit every bit of a lyric,
    or else I can't bring the song to you--
            or else it's just words."    Jeff Buckley