From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:55:20 -0400
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Charles Alban wrote:

> I've not read this book, but I would say the Weston Price found that the
> healthiest people had a high proportion of either seafood or raw dairy
> products in their diets. Okinawans presumably eat a lot of seafood.

I'm sure the Okinawans eat plenty of seafood; their other main
source of animal protein is pork, and every part of the pig that
is edible.  But another factor that is sometimes mentioned is
that in comparison with the mainland Japanese, who are also
longg-lived (but not as long-lived as the Okinawans), the
Okinawans simply eat less.  According to Walford, their caloric
intake averages about 80% of what the Japanese eat, and the
Japanese are already light eaters, in energy terms.

Todd Moody