From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:01:26 -0700
-
>Q.      Are buffalo becoming domesticated?
>A.      Definitely not! They are a wild animal and will always remain so. >

What makes a wid animal stay wild is his wild living and feeding
condition.They are definitevely getting domesticated. Do you think that
cattles or sheep were those clumsy animals when they were still wild . Check
the wild sheeps in he mountains and see the difference.

>Q.      How much land is required to raise buffalo?
>A.      Basically the same amount of land is needed as cattle need. This
will
>vary in different geographical areas. In Colorado it takes about 20 acres
>per cow/calf unit. In parts of New Mexico it could be 60 to 100 acres,
while
>in Nebraska only 10 acres.

what about the land surface to produce the corn and grains for 3 to 4 months
.?

they are not counted there. what will be the surface required if raised only
grass to reach the same weight ( if even possible )

.
>>Q.      Are they put in feedlots?
>A.      Yes, but not the same as cattle feedlots. Cattle are normally
packed into
>small lots and their feeding is monitored closely. If allowed, cattle will
>continue feeding until they get sick or die. They are fed many artificial
>chemicals in their diet to increase their weight. Some of these, such as
>growth hormones, are not desirable today. In contrast, the buffalo feedlot
>is an open corral with self-feeders within it. Since buffalo are wild they
>know when to stop eating, and the open corral enables them to move around,
>drink water and lie down.  No growth hormones or artificial stimulants are
>used.

>Q.      Yes, but why are they put in feedlots at all?
>A.      The only reasons buffalo are put into feedlots are to be fed corn
or
>other grains to change the color of their fat, and to maintain a
consistency
>to the meat. (Grass fed animals have yellow fat that is not pleasing in the
>marketplace.) They are fed for 90 to 120 days when the animals are 18
months
>old and about 900 to 1,000 pounds each. Buffalo are never given hormones or
>other growth stimulants. It is a truly natural meat

corn and other grains are in themselves upsetting their hormonal balance
allready .And the primary purpose of feedlot is to sale heavy animal .
If price of meat was by animal rather than weight nobody will bother about
buying grain and the true price wil be reflected.

>Q.      What are the health benefits of buffalo?
>A.      Since it is a wild animal the meat is naturally leaner. It has less
fat
>and calories than a comparable portion of beef, chicken, or even some fish.
>The meat does not marble as beef does. It also has 30% more protein than
>beef.

It s not going to take long to upset their genetic and makes thoses animals
candidate for obesity . Few generations .
 other domestic animals have  been wild too and their degeneration took
longer because they have been fed quite naturally until recently.

>Q.      Are there any other unique characteristics of buffalo?
>A.      Buffalo meat is non-allergenic. There has never been a case of
cancer
>detected in this animal. Shark is the only other meat with this same claim.

wait for americains to be exposed  more to the allergenic moecules produced
by unatural foods..

 Everyone can
>purchase all cuts of buffalo by mail order by calling 1 (800) BUY-BUFF
>(289-2833), or on the Internet, http://www.NewWestFoods.com.

let's write to those producers and others that we don't want feedlot for
bison ,we want their genetic to stay wild. and that only wild food and wild
living conditions can insure that . Let see if we can make them move .
I tried to send them this  message thru their web site

As more and more  informed customers want the pure grass fed animals , it
will be wise to produce pure grass fed animals .
the fat content of corn and grain fed herbivorous animals is very unbalanced
in the omega 3 to omega 6 ratio.
Also it doesn't take many generations to change the genetic of an animal by
feeding it its non original food ( grass here ) and you will start to notice
health problems in your herd .
Its wild quality are going to be lost .
The cattle , sheeps , pigs were once wild animals  too.Look what happens to
them .
I am sorry to not be able to purchase from you as long they are not  truelly
purely raised naturally.
let me know when you have  the intention to makes a move in that direction
so we can with  many other potential custommers  encourage you.
thanks
jean-claude

but didn't succeed i got this instead

<You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web
server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.
This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish
this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions
installedYou have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that
requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function
properly.
This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish
this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed>
>.

i don't understand what it means so if somebody can help me to make them
receive the message ...

I raised a breed of horses native from the pyrennees ( Merens) who have been
free range  in the mountains since the beginning of neolithic . recently
they have been raised differently because his natural range extended and
they have been fed like other horses hay and pellets or grains . they made
this horse in few generation taller ,thinner and is losing  his legendary
calm and sure foot .
Mentally and physically it is not the same and the goal is not even  to
intensely makes them gain weight like it happens in a feed lot.
jean-claude