From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:27:34 -0500
Bronwen asked:
"Sorry,
what is SAD?"

Standard American Diet. (or Seasonal Affective Disorder but more often we
mean the former)

Bronwen also noted:
"Also,  since eating more red meat, I have had a lot of it sticking in my
teeth-painfully."

I had this problem too for a while. My MIL still refuses to eat chicken or
beef becuase of how much it hurts her teeth, but at least she's eating fish
now and sometimes ground lamb.

I don't know whether there's something in particular about grains and dairy
or if it's just that these are soft foods, but when my diet was based on
these foods I had very tender gums. Since chewing involves the gums as well
as the teeth, I guess that my gums were just underused. It reminds me of
what I call "wussy feet"- when someone wears socks and shoes all of the time
and their feet get so sensitive they can't even spread their toes or walk on
gravel (what good are the feet if you don't USE 'em?). I still get pieces of
meat stuck in my teeth, but now it's just annoying rather than really
painful, nothing that a little floss doesn't take care of.

Hang in there, it'll get better! :)

Stacie