From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:00:39 -0400
> Richard Geller asked:
> > that I have heard some people here say that nuts can cause dry skin. I
> > wonder if anyone's had this with cod liver oil? Can this be a result of
too
> > much Vit A or D?
>
> I've never gotten dry skin from cod liver oil, even when I've taken large
> amounts.  I think it is the nuts upsetting your fatty acid profile.  Nuts
> also contain substances that cause inflammatory reactions in some
> individuals, sometimes aggravating cases of acne, eczema, psoriasis,
herpes.

> Rachel Matesz

Here is a follow-up to this topic. I have gotten much more rigorous about
drinking 1 - 2 tblspons of flaxseed oil almost every day. I take cod liver
oil, 1 - 2 tspns, perhaps 2 -3 times per week. It seems my skin dryness is
going away. Perahps I have needed more w3 fatty acids than I thought. I do
not eat as many nuts either.

--Richard