From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:47:08 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/01 1:18:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< BREAD???? >>

Well, it is a philosophy, not a religion. I believe it is the ability to make
the choices that is vauable. I know bread is arguable, but remenber that
native peoples in my area, who were stone age hunter-gatherers, ground up
many different nuts and seeds to make flour. This was cooked as porridge, and
then sun dried to make cakes, or "bread" (unleavened, of course). So it is a
sort of bread, and true paleo people may have done this at some time,
although I know the evidence of grinding stones is scanty when you go way
back.

But I do not believe that whole wheat, stone ground, is harmful, and the
bread does have a fairly low glycemic index, I believe.

Charles
San Diego