Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:36:15 -0400
Hilary wrote:

<<Allergy tests don't necessarily mean a lot. They need to be put in
context. The allergy tests I know about are either skin-pricks or tests
performed in a lab using drawn blood. Either way, you are introducing
whole foreign proteins directly into body tissue, which is not what
happens when you eat something, unless you have a very leaky gut AND
inefficient digestion, in which case you would probably show allergy to
a variety of foods>>

  Hi Hilary,

  I agree with what you say above.  The best way to know if your body
doesn't handle something well is to pay attention to what your body is
saying.  I understand what Amadeus is saying.  I react poorly to meats.
Someone here (perhaps Todd) suggested that I may be one of the few who
require game instead.  He was right. I still find myself wishing there was a
way to get what I need without eating meat.  It just doesn't feel right in
my system.  But, things that Amadeus does that work for him don't work well
for me either.

I think we are just in the beginning of finding out how unique each person's
dietary needs are in this modern age where our bodies and genes have been so
challenged and altered.

BTW, when I was a teenager I moved from CT to Pownal, VT,  which is 10 miles
south of Bennington, on the border of Williamstown, MA.  I loved it there.
I lived half way up a mountain on a dirt road.  It was lovely.

Blessings,
Siobhan