From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:00:07 -0600
At 10:27 AM 4/15/01 -0400, siobhan wrote:
>Hilary writes:
>
><<I think he recommends keeping
>the pulp with the juice, and avoiding carrot juice (too high glycemic).>>
>
>  Hi Hilary,
>
>  You're right.  The pulp needs to stay with the vegetables and fruit in
>order to make them digestible and useful to the body.

Back when I still had a juicer, I compared the output to that of using my
blender and actually found that the blender (with added water, of course!),
broke the veggies down more completely in many cases.  So, if  you're going
to use pulp and juice together and don't mind a little added water, a
blender might be the least expensive option.  If you plan to separate it,
even still, just straining it through a really fine strain might be nearly
as good, if a bit messier.

Just a thought

Dianne
who's really budget conscious these days!