From:
Amy Bjorklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:14:59 -0700
Hello.  I am new to the list, and to Paleo. I have been following the Neanderthin guidelines for about two weeks. I've been listening in for a few weeks now, and would like to ask a question or two.
Have some of you experienced relief from arthritic pain?  I am curious as to when I might begin to notice that happening, the sooner the better.  I have been in chronic pain for twelve years and I am very hopeful that this will help.  I spoke with someone who told me he had to address other allergic responses within the Paleo diet before he was able to get his pain to leave.  I will do that if needed, but I will of course be pleased if I don't have to go that far.  Anything anyone can share will help, I realize these things vary from person to person, but would like to hear what others experienced.
The main thing I have noticed so far is freedom from hunger, a very welcome thing.  I was a lowfat vegetarian for a long time, and was almost always hungry.  The more research I do about this, the more convinced I am that this is the way we are genetically intended to eat, but it is still a major change and until I see some changes in my own body I suppose I will not be certain this will work for me.  I am not seriously overweight, maybe 10 or 15 pounds, but so far haven't seen any change there either.  I guess I want a crystal ball, but failing that, I thought some of you could clue me in to what I might expect.
Thanks.
Amy