Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 03:50:34 -0600
 To  jean-claude

jean-claude if you are not a native USA speaker please
forgive me as some of my comments may translate poorly to
another language..   I have read your comments many times
and respect your efforts.

Pleased to hear from another aficionado of Salmon.

By way of introduction I have lived on the Oregon Coast of
the Pacific Ocean so that is where My Salmon information
comes from.

> >  There is a little worm in some Salmon that cycles
between
> >Salmon and Seals that eat Salmon,  however in humans it
> >causes some pain then dies  as humans are different than
> >Seals;  so it is not fatal but just a nuisance to humans.

This interesting phenomena was discussed abundantly on the
Radio in Seattle WA when "Sushi"  started to become popular
in Seattle.

> I have been eating abundantly  raw fresh  and dry wild
salmon for 9 years
> and
> I dry it below 40 Celsius and it becomes brittle and very
tasty

I never liked the "dry smoke" Salmon.   However the moist
smoked or barbequed salmon will not keep more than a week;
so We always canned it for longer storage.

Please understand I am interested in your information-  So
may I develop a basis by question?

Do You live in Alaska or Siberia?  If not where do you get
your fresh Salmon?

> cooked salmon is too dry for me.

jean-claude,     Please may I suggest here that you have not
eaten any Salmon that I caught and COOKED!    However I
agree many cooks spoil Salmon in the cooking of it!  They
DRY it out so I understand that you may not appreciate
cooked Salmon as you have never eaten it when cooked
properly!

> >And canned Pink Salmon is very economical.

> way overcooked and salted.

Your are correct!  it is overcooked;  But If not Overcooked
any canned food would quickly kill many persons.!!!

Salted ----too much -----  Yes,  salted  too much is the
curse of American canned food;    but we or "at least"  I
compensate by not salting my other food.

The big problem belongs on another topic about salt.

> >So what is the difference between the food value of
cooked
> >Salmon and raw Salmon and dried Salmon.  ( I don't know
if
> >the worm survives the drying process)????
>
> I don't think so unless  maybe it is just smoked and not
dried completely ,
> if salted before drying I bet worms don't survive ever .
> when eating it raw you can see the white worms ( is it
the same worm? )
> and are easy to remove but I don't care and eat them also
.

Sorry  jean-claude but   may I ask if you have a seal
ancestor?

If not--- the worm will- --- if you do not chew it up
sufficiently ---cause a pain in your stomach for a few days.
But then it will die and not bother you any more.

FINALLY   I respect and  welcome your comments and look
forward to your reply.

Best Regards,  Lorenzo