NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E.J. Mumaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:01:23 EST
>>Sounds like it may work for all / most IGE food allergies.... I hope so!

Joe,

I believe it will.  The FDA approval will be for the use in peanut allergy,
but then the Dr's can choose to use the new medication for other allergies as
an off label use as is currently being done with many other medications.  I
just wish the TV news blurbs would add the information that this isn't a cure
and that peanut allergic people will not be able to eat unlimited amounts of
peanuts soon.  Every time this hits the news I am asked over and over why my
son doesn't just go get the shots and eat whatever he wants, or should I say,
what they want him to eat.

E.J.