NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:27:13 -0500
There's a good explanation of kosher symbols at

http://www.nomilk.com/parve.txt

and you can see many of the kosher symbols (hechshers) at

http://www.kashrut.com/agencies/

If a product has a hechsher, it's usually on the front, but could be
anywhere...sometimes on the back near the ingredients list.  If you know a
product is certified kosher parve, then there should be no hidden dairy
in the ingredients.  Otherwise, you just have to call the company and ask.

Gail Lewis