C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:56:55 -0500
The ABS exciter ring is a device that senses forward motion in the car when
the wheels have stopped turning (brakes locked) and activates the anti-lock
braking system.  This probably would not cause any noise problem.  If the
bearing was worn out and making noise, replacement should have cured the
sound.  I'm still inclined to believe you have "metallic" brake shoes/pads
and they are chattering.  This, IMHO, is where your noise emanates.  Having
the shop clean the brake dust from the rotors just might do the trick.