C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"greer.bobby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:32:09 -0500
Rayna Lamb wrote:

> This quote stood out for me, I'm feeling like this at the moment.  I
> would give anything in world to not be as isolated and as unbearably
> lonely as I am.  It is the worst part of the CP.  I'm so tired of
> this.  I would willingly put up with ten times the amount of
> physical pain I currently have, if I could feel connected to people.
> It just never seems to let up, I can't bear it.  No one seems to want
> to see me for who I am inside, and if they do they either bolt, or try
> to destroy me.  I HATE THIS PAIN.
>
> Sorry, I know the above is horribly depressing, but while typing this
> at least I have been able to cry for the first time in days.  I will
> be back to normal soon.
>
> Rayna
>
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 07:59:39AM -0800, Dave at Inclusion Daily Express wrote  "The autism doesn't cause me much of a problem, but the isolation does."
>     --David Miedzianik, a poet in England writing about the loneliness he
>     experiences (February 14)

  Rayna,

        Thanks for sharing, but let me pass along something I learned in AA. The saying is: "We are always judging our insides, by comparing them with
others' outsides."

In the context of what you were saying, we often look at others and feel like they aren't lonely or isolated, but how can we really tell? We can not see
inside them.

Bobby