C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:01:00 -0500

> I called Human Resources at the University to see when and how to proceed
> with my retirement paper work. I talked with a friend of mind who does the
> processing and she informed me I could retire 5/31/01 and my retirement
> payements would begin in June. The good thing about this is that
> I am paid my
> regular salary thru 8/31/01. So, retiring in May means I will
> draw Summer and
> I'll be sitting on my butt!!

 I have been having some problems and had some tests last Friday. The
 dr. called last night and said I needed a heart cath and probably
angioplasty in the next week. We're looking at Friday or Tuesday( when it
can meet his and my schedule). His scheduling person is to call me today to
finalize I'l let you know the progress. I have been lucky. I had by-pass in
'83 and
> > most by-pass don't last more than 8 -10 years. We will see.
> > >
> > > Bobby

Bobby,
I'm just getting caught up with the email when I came across both of your
posts. Congratulations on your retirement. I was going to strongly suggest a
hobby ( bird watching seems to be a hit with this group ;>) for retirement.
My folks came closest to a divorce the year my dad retired. Mom couldn't
stand having him underfoot all the time!  Heart catherazitions however isn't
quite what I had in mind though!  So congratulations and good luck. Let us
know how it all goes.
Joanne