C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:30:33 EST
I used to play piano too, until my parents shipped it to my sister, so, I got
a small electric organ.  Then while I was involved in a eastern yoga group, I
learned to play a harmonium.  You pump the organ with one hand, and play the
keys with the other, all the while sitting cross-legged on the floor.
Speaking of my time with this group, I did every type of house work you could
think of; dusting, vacuuming, washing huge pots and pans, sweeping the guru's
driveway, hauling sod from the garden, planting seeds in cups, food prep,
including cleaning rice and beans and spices which they got in bulk.  You had
to make sure there were no bugs, sticks, or rocks in i. the only time I
refused was when we found ugh, tiny baby mice in the rice. Ugh!  I also ran
the free box and the lost and found.