C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:37:13 EST
Hello Everyone,

Just a note to say thank you for listeningto me, and for your unending
support. Ipersonally think I should have the right to contact any doctor
who is caring for me whenever I need to, if it is to ask a question,
clarify something, or just tell them how Iam feeling. I AM SO GLAD THAT
DR. DELANEY (my physiatrist since the age of 16), lets me do this. My Mom
came home from work today with a note (e-mail if we want to get
technical), stating that ALL of the strengths of Intrathecal Baclofen
would be covered by insurance... And that all I need to get the portions
of my manual/power chairs not covered by the government covered by the
insurance company is a letter from a physician saying that they are
medically necessary, and that I have outgrown my other chairs... Which I
CAN SAY IS THE HONEST TRUTH. So i AM REALLY HAPPY THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A
STRUGGLE OVER FUNDING ISSUES. I HAVE NOT E-MAILED THE NEUROLOGIST ABOUT
ALL THIS, AS I AM AFRAID TO BE KILLED. Ironically, they want me to go back
to the hospital tomorrow afternoon to make another post-Intrathecal
Baclofen video. So I am still required to play their game, even though
they won't really help me. I have had to take almost twice my regular dose
of morphine just to keep the pain under control. THIS IS ALLOWED BY
PHYSICIANS ORDERS, JUST DON'T LIKE TO DO IT BECAUSE IT MAKES ME SLEEP SO
MUCH.

Thank you for your prrayers, and please continue to pray-- even though I
should not feel this way, I feel as if this is all my fault. I want so
much to just have relief from pain.

Thank you for all your help.It means more to me than words could ever say.

Jenn