C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 22:55:34 -0800
Again, the sdr didn't cure his CP or take away all his
spasticity. It took away a significant amount in his
legs that he has become more functionally independant.
the reduction can only be a good thing in my mind as
it is that less stress being put on his joints etc so
maybe that the aging process won't be as severe for
him as it would have been before the surgery. I think
the one thing that everyone has to keep in mind is
that wide variations/severity that encompasses the CP
spectrum.Alex's brain damage is very extensive...An
MRI done in prep for the SDR has shown that for all
intents and purposes the white matter in his brain has
been destroyed. That's a lot to over come and the
surgery was one of the things that helped the  most.
Joanne