C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:02:26 -0400
Marilyn,  I don't know how it is now for SWD, but my Alma Mater is N.C.
Wesleyan College in Rocky Mount, NC.  I really enjoyed my stay there, after
seeing St.Andrews's segregation.  Another school you might want to consider
is Old Dominion University.  I heard from a grad there that they were
accessible...  Of course, the grandpappies of accessible colleges are the
University of California at Berkely, where the concept of Independent Living
was born, and the University of Illinois at Chapaign-Urbana.  I've been to
the Campus at Champaign, and it was flat.   I think GWU is also flat, as is
ODU and NCWC.  I would also do what Joy suggests and get a powerchair for
your daughter. It would make her safer and less tired.  I can probably e
mail you off-list about the different  makes and models if you'd like.
Mike