C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:24:50 +0800
Hi Emma, yes I can understand exactly where you are coming from.  I
have mild-moderate (never been really quite sure how disabled I really
am, doctors have never really explained, and my parents always treated
me as though it was all a `put on' and I could just `get over it' if I
tried hard enough) spastic CP, use a scooter to get around outside and
have  lived independently ever since
I left home at 17.  Lately my physical strength and co ordination have
been worsening and I have had some bad falls.  So I am now needing
more assistance than I ever have before and it is hard to cope with
sometimes.

Why won't the uni provide you with assistance?  Is it funding
constraints or because they don't think you are `disabled enough'?
Have you tried getting help from your local advocacy organisation, say
PWD?

You are NOT a `whinging disabled kid', you have a legal right to
assistance.

Hang in there
Rayna