C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 22:54:08 -0600
This is a good idea that I thought I should pass on about that letter about
getting better dental care.  I received this from a special ed teacher I
know, and she has been on me before about sending letters like this into Ann
Landers, which is something we should actually begin to do with some of our
e-mails with strong points on disabilities and human rights issue behind
them.  We might receive a great number of responses on whatever issue and
actually organize something ourselves using the responses we receive.
Remember this is how the ARCs got started, by a mother writing one letter
into a newspaper and receiving a great number of responses, so why can't we
do the same with writings and ideas from actual people with disabilities?
This could create jobs for us too with developing ideas and teaching people
about whatever.

Thanks,
Anthony