C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:10:51 -0400
Hi Bobby,

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward survived, and she ain't no slouch in the strong
department :) And from what I have observed, they seem to be living in the "real".

  What I find truly sad, tragic, in fact, is how so many people (the consuming
public) hang on every word of these Hollywood types. They put their pants on one
leg at a time, as most of the rest of us do, and their chit smells, just as ours
does. Why we feed into perpetuating the myth that these people are above us is
beyond me. I haven't been to a move since I was in my early 20's. The stuff that's
available today is nothing more than gratuitous violence and depictions of abuse
against women and children and animals.

  Millions and millions of children are starving, all over the world, and they're
stuffing their faces, dressed to impress. Who are they endeavoring to impress?
They'll get old, have their face lifts. But after that, what is there to them? The
ever-elusive "them". I'd like to see the consuming public back up a few accolades
and really look at the Hollywood ilk. What have they "really" done for society?
Okay, movies and television. Entertainment?  But there's more to life than that.
With their wealth and influence, they could be spearheading campaigns to
irradicate child poverty; state by state. Starting with their own home towns,
given that most of them did come from humble beginnings. They could help improve
the conditions of the schools - starting in their own home towns. How soon they
forget. What they need to be mindful of is that all that money will never make
them better people. And they can't take it with them wherever they might be going
after they leave this life.

  Falling off my soap box now. See, I shoulda never got started on this. Selfish
people bore me. Let's start an e-mail campaign to all their "handlers" and start
letting them know what we really think.

Cheers!

Carla