C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:25:41 +0800
1st  If they can create all these whizz bang (and I DO mean bang)
electronic gizmos that can make para muscles move etc, how come they
can't design a painkiller that works and doesn't fry your brain or
curdle your kidneys - I want that way more that the very dubious honor
of being `more normal' (in SOOOOOOO much pain at the moment I have
been crying all day :-()

2nd  These gadgets are clearly going to be prohibitively expensive,
what about people on very low incomes.  Chris Reeves is far more well
of than most PWD.

3rd  I've grown up around people who are mostly `normal' and a large
part of these people were/are appallingly cruel, stupid, insensitive,
bigoted and thoughtless.  The less I have in common with these people
the happier I am.  Also my disability seems to bring out the
best/worst in people depending on the people themselves.  That ALONE
is worth most of what I have been through - it is an EXCELLENT
b*llsh*t detector - I know that the few people I do have that care
about me are there for life, if they can cope with the harsh realities
of the CP and the world's reaction to me, they can cope with anything.
(yes I know all this is illogical reasoning, but I'm in PAIN, and I'm
only logical on alternate Tuesdays anyway!!)

Rayna

And yes, the money could be better spent on a more accessible
enviroment.  Everybody benefits from that.  If the world did want to
make things easier for us, that would be first priority.  Making us
`normal' is a cosmetic thing to make it easier for them to cope with
us.