C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asdis Jenna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:22:09 +0000
I have a brain implant which helps me to control my movements better but
I'm still disabled and I'll get a cochlear implant soon to help me hearing
but I'll still be deaf without the implant . Sorry but I can't understand
why the disabled community is so afraid of implants which make life easier
for people like me and you. I feel that the implants are going to stay,
they are the future, why stop the process ? Nothing can stop the process of
technology.
Asdis.
>Do u think these bio implant muscle stimulators r a good idea?  Why?  Why
>not?  Could the money be better spent on new wheelchairs, access housing?
>Will these implants make ramps and elevators and new wheelchair design take a
>back burner as we become "more normal"??  Any comments??
>
>Bob Mauro - [log in to unmask]
>   Visit My Website   --->     <A
> HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bobezwriter">BOB MAURO'S WEB SITE</A>
>     Visit My Art Gallery --->     <A
> HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bobezwriter/art.html">BOB MAURO'S ART GALLERY</A>
>      Visit My Ham Radio Web --->          <A
> HREF="hometown.aol.com/bobezwriter/kz2g.html"> BOB MAURO, KZ2G</A>

Asdis Jenna and the wonderful cat Agatha Mist.
Seltjarnarnesi
Iceland
"Accept me for what I am and I'll accept you for what you're accepted as."
Christopher Nolan.