Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 16:10:21 +0000
I have had no calcium, potassium deficiency symptoms since changing to
Neaderthin from Atkins and cutting dairy. I read somewhere that the RDA
for calcium is 800mg because only 20% of dairy calcium is absorbed. So
the actual useful RDA is 160mg. I suspect that all minerals will be more
readily absorbed if the body is getting non-foreign foods. To get 160mg
of calcium is fairly easy by eating broccoli, sardines, pumpkin seeds,
collard greens. A very good source of potassium is avocado. Avocado has
the added advantage of being high in fat and low glycemic. Cutting out
all added sodium and getting it from red meat etc, seems to naturally
restore the potassium/sodium balance. I have seen figures for
potassium/sodium ratios in hunter/gatherer people as high as 7:1.