Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:06:52 -0400

Charles wrote:
> I am skeptical about this. This seems to lead up the supplement path, and
> think that is entirely non paleo. Once you start reducing things to pills,
> you are introducing an unnatural artificiality.

I disagree, Charles. You cannot achieve a true paleo diet today, really,
because the food is so different than it was and because most of us are
unwilling to eat brains, eyes, and insects, and lack the diversity of edible
vegetation that was available, just to name a few reasons.

So we eat a diet that is analogous to what we would have eaten in paleo
times. So if I can't get a good ratio of w3 fatty acids, for reasons of
non-availability or economics (fish is too expensive), then I supplement. It
is not ideal, but nothing is. I supplement with other things too, (C, cod
liver oil, B complex, E) and see benefit from doing so.  And I still feel I
am paleo.

--Richard