Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:21:18 -0500
On the subject of water, I've found that temperature makes a big difference
for my comfort as well (I think two or three others of you mentioned this).
I cannot drink ice water, except when I was pregnant and couldn't stop
eating the ice (pica). I've found that if the water is too cold, I cannot
get as much of it comfortably into my stomach.

Also, camelia sinensis teas (black, green, etc.) should never be iced
because this somehow causes the tea to harm the stomach. (I had forgotten
this the other day, and made some wonderful "Purple Mountain" iced
black-and-herbal-tea...later I felt like I had a hole in my stomach!)

I've noticed that I rarely *want* to drink something, especially water, with
meals. I drink room temperature water throughout the day and sip liquids
(tea, broth or water) with meals, to "wash it down"/cleanse the palate.

If one wanted to sip something to aid digestion, try a warm tea or broth
made from ginger root, taken after eating. This worked very well for Zoë,
although I had to add some honey and spearmint to coax her. Green teas aid
digestion of fat.