Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 17:47:50 -0400
On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Paul Getty wrote:
> >Corn has no natural counterpart. It is a creation of agriculture.
>
> Many of our domestic animals raised for meat have no natural ancestor
> today.  We don't have ours either.

This is a non-sequitur; the basic proteins in, say, an aurochs and a
modern cow aren't different.  Corn is very different from the grasses
it originally was bred from.

I also don't think that humans usually eat grasses or grass (even the
hunter-gatherer tribes still around), beyond the handful or so that may
have been gathered en route to the next hunting ground.  (And certainly
not in the amounts that most people eat grains today.)  My
pre-agricultural ancestors didn't eat the seeds of wild wheat at all, not
having lived in the Eastern Mediterranean.

Corbie