C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:35:18 -0400
Joy,

  Celebrex is typically prescribed for pain and inflammation associated with
rheumatoid arthritis and/or osteoarthritis. If you haven't already, I'd
encourage you to check out the Celebrex site -
http://www.celebrex.com/celebrex/index.htm -

  You might try stepping up your Vit C daily intake as C is a natural
anti-inflammatory, and as such, will address your pain issue. Less inflammation
= less pain. I use Ester-C as it's not hard on the stomach, as drugs like
Celebrex can be.

  Very often, in the absence of arthritic conditions like osteo (which a lot of
us with cp have), warm baths and passive exercise will help with pain issues as
well. Also helpful is gentle massage. Get out the candles and mood music,
people :)

  BTW, spinach is good, too! :) Quiche recipe, anyone?

  I think we should be mindful of the fact that we are what we eat and a
quality diet, along with moderate exercise will do much to improve our quality
of life as we age with cerebral palsy ... or any condition, for that matter.

  Bobby, get yer head out of the refrigerator!

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier