C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:24:00 -0400
Hi Anthony,

  My parents use a call-in service; think it's called life line - they wear
medallions around their necks and it's hooked into a telephone call centre. Each
morning, my parents have to announce that they are up and about, and each
evening, they must announce that they've gone to bed. A few times, my mother
forgot and the phone rang. It was a call centre operator telling her she must
remember the "rules". If my parents do not respond in a timely fashion, my
brother (first on the list of calls) is notified. There are three contact people
on the list. If none can be reached to check on my parents, an ambulance is
dispatched. My mother and father are in their 80's and mother is legally blind
with macular degeneration and uses a walker. Dad, is diabetic and is also
visually deficient (he's a retired physician). They have a day worker who is with
them from 8 am to 8pm. Throughout the day my brother is there, so they're well
covered :)

  The service is supposed to be very good. Hope this is of some help to you.

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier