C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 02:17:17 -0800
You know I wish I could take you all over to another
list I belong to that deals with prematurity
issues.There are two camps of thoughts ..one that
having disabilities makes life not worthwhile ( and
just the possibility of it in a premature child is
reason enough not to give anything but pallative
medical treatment) and the other side ( which I
endorse) that it's not the disability( and I'm not
discounting the physical pain and difficulty it causes
in life) but the attitude of those closest to us and
that we expect total uncompromised love from that is
crippling.There are times I just want to shake people
till they devolope common sense. For what it's worth
mommy hugs and kisses to you all( they always made my
kids feel better)
Joanne
 Hey, Joanne,