C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:33:05 -0500
I agree that the price is high, but for that kind of technology, I'd pay it
in a heartbeat.  Being able to look people in the eye, reach things without
a struggle, and go about my business without worrying about steps is well
worth it to me.  As for service, I'm sure that once the product is available
service people will be trained.  There's no point in worrying about service
before the chair is even approved.  Startle reflex doesn't concern me.  Mine
is very slight, and occurs infrequently, so it's not something I worry
about.  I can see how that would be a problem for some of you guys, but
there are many people in chairs who aren't paraplegics that don't have
startle reflexes.  For this group, the chair will be a huge leap forward.

~Joy~
http://www.geocities.com/joy0823
Last Movie Seen:  "The Mexican" - 4 out of 5 stars
Current Book:  "From the Corner of his Eye" by Dean Koontz

> No, the chair on Dateline will be called Johnson & Johnson's Independence
2000.  That
> chair can climb stairs, and stand up on two wheels.  I question the price
on it
> ($25,000), the service (who will fix it?), and the reliability (can you
say
> "lawsuit?")   This chair was built for one particular disability group,
the high
> functioning paraplegics, and those who have no startle reflex like Betty.
It would br