From:
SandyBill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:37:05 -0800

From: "Ethan Margalith" <[log in to unmask]>

> I know this sounds dumb but, is it necessary to have a doctor or
> can you just not eat what you know is a problem? If you do need
> a doctor then why?

This question is  asked or implied so many times on the list that I thought
I'd answer to the list.

There is an old vaudeville routine in which a patient, raising his elbow up
and down from the shoulder, tells the doc: Doc, it hurts when I do this.

In one of the most famous "no-brainer" answers of all time, the doc answers:
Don't do dot then.

Most of us do have sense enough to quit doing whatever hurts immediately, so
if you find for sure that wheat, or gluten, or milk, or grits or whatever
makes you sick, Hell, don't eat that thing. We do not need a doc's
permission to avoid certain foods. We only have beg them for prescription
meds :) Enjoy, enjoy. -vance