From:
Danna Korn, Raising Our Celiac Kids <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 14:55:36 -0700

Hi, list:

I've had dozens of questions lately asking how R.O.C.K. (Raising Our
Celiac Kids) is or is not involved with the other support groups, so I
thought I'd answer the question globally through the list.  R.O.C.K. is
a support group for parents/families/friends of celiac kids -- our
mission is to provide a free forum for families to interact, share
information, have parties for the kids, and approach our unique
challenges through practical, optimistic approaches.  We fully support
the activities of CSA, CDF, GIG, and other established organizations --
we even encourage parents to join one or more of those organizations.
In fact, if one of those organizations has a children's group that meets
the needs of parents and kids, we encourage parents to join that
existing group, as opposed to starting a new R.O.C.K. chapter.  R.O.C.K.
does not charge membership dues, and does not generate revenues.  Our
only goal is to provide support to parents, families and friends of
celiac kids.  I hope this has clarified the issue -- if anyone out there
has any questions, please feel free to drop me an e-mail at

Warmly,
Danna Korn